This year saw the continuation of the construction boom across Australia with a focus on an infrastructure-led economic revival, through new and accelerated Government infrastructure spending. However increasingly this is referred to as the ‘profitless boom’, as margins are tight, often as low as 0-2 per cent for contractors.
A current shortage of Estimators and Civil Engineers in country given tightened immigration restrictions has places these roles in high demand.
Enterprise Ireland clients have continued to prosper and grow their presence in Australia and New Zealand with contract wins across a wide range of industry sectors including:
- Evercam have recently signed contracts with many large construction companies and property developers across the country
- Turmec have built a new state of the art waste management facility for Bingo Industries at Orchard Hills
- Dortek have recently signed to supply a large pharmaceutical company with their hygiene doors
- Combilift have recently shipped their 60,000th unit to Toowoomba in Queensland
- Portwest are suppling PPE to the newly branded Roberts Co
- LiveCosts recently signed Wexcon as their first Australian client
- LED Robus continue to win contracts across Australia in residential and commercial development, healthcare, and education